|A sign of things to come? Mobility scooters parked outside the On Inn|
MH3 Run 280
Date: Monday 17th October 2016
Location: Bluebell Inn, Melbourne
Hares: Gobalot and Oriface
Weather: Clear skies with nr. full moon
Pack size: 10
The question I had before this trail was "could the hares, freshly back from their USA adventures, find a sufficiently long trail around the small town of Melbourne without resorting to night-time manoeuvers in the dark countryside?" Yes they could, and a fine trail it was. Even with a temporary fairground occupying part of the town, sufficient pathways were found including a stretch along the disused railway. Torches were certainly needed as 75% was along unlit paths/roads but no shiggy fields or the need to disturb sleeping cattle or sheep.
The pack split in two from the start with walkers Dobber and Catflaps setting a casual pace at the back and r*nners Wriggle, Ballcrusher, Artless Dodger and myself trying to keep Trianal in sight. Seaman Stains defies classification, although walking, was seen checking at the front of the pack on several occasions. The hares popped up at random points around the trail just to make sure I was checking for bars at the end of every false trail. Just look at all those false trails I did on the GPS map link below!
Alas the fairground was closing down as we arrived back in town - no rides on the Helter-Skelter this time.
In the circle RA Dobber made the following awards:
1. Seaman Stains for walking around faster than many of the pack. Rumour has it that he is fitted with a transponder. Maybe his final MH3 hash?
2. Ballcrusher was seen appearing through hedges like a badger - hedge hunter.
3. Trianal got his usual DD for being all over the place though for once on the right trail, just too far out in front to be seen or heard.
4. Catflaps for leading Dobber astray. And I thought you just had to follow flour.
5. Hares Gobalot and Oriface were thanked for a good trail.
On On ..Durex
|Trail as done by Durex|