Tuesday 18 March 2014

QH3 Run 826. White Horse, Ruddington




RUN #826
Date: Sunday 16th March 2014
Location: White Horse, Ruddington
Hare: Barritone
Weather: Fantastic
Pack size: 19 







What a lovely day for a hash. Too bad I couldn't r*n. Arriving late at the ON INN there was no time to straighten out my back and the walkers (Wallington, Smutley and Enema) had disappeared from sight before I had even left the car park. I was moving slowly, very slowly. It must have been about 2 mph by the time I got the the fourth check. At this point I put my previous haring knowledge of the Ruddington Country Park to good use and cut across the
Too Tuf tripped over a pattern in the path  in his new shoes
and needed the assistance of two Harriettes, Skids and Malteaser
fields to pick up the trail before it exited the park. Following exemplary short-cutting procedure I headed back along 'ASHER LANE and was, by a long way, not the last back to the pub at 12:01. This was some 20 minutes before Butt Plug, Ivor Bush and Free Willy arrived under the illusion that they were the first ones back. Obviously Butt Plug had some 'go faster' new shoes but, as demonstrated later, they don't hold beer well.





The circle was led by stand-in RA Too Tuf, we've certainly had a lot of abnormal weather this year. We had to delay the start of the circle as the Beer Master once again had gone missing in action, Captain Oates was living up to his hash name. Nice to welcome some new Hashers to Quorn - Hot Air and Audery. Hope this is your first run of many with the QH3. 
The other major incident reported from the trail was Too Tuf falling over, no doubt new shoes being a contributory factor. Too Tuf - "I could have died". Chicki - "More bloody paperwork for me on Monday!". Such concern.


That's the way I saw it from a distance,
ON ON
Durex

Garmin GPS Map
Trail as done by Bugger

No comments:

Post a Comment