Tuesday 27 December 2011

QH3 Run 746, King William IV, Sneinton, Nottingham

Our last hash of the year from the King William IV in Sneinton, Nottingham, a
very urban location but the hares promised a rural run. A small dedicated pack in need of some Christmas exercise including a welcome back to Hot Down South. Wonderful weather for December, sunny and not too cold. Clementine claimed responsibility as RA by right of marriage. After a short stretch of tarmac it was up past the Windmill, not often seen on the Quorn hash in daylight. Diarrhoea and IWB were checking well and the pack moved along fast,  that's what I thought as I was well at the back by the time we got to the woods above the Race Course. A quick scramble up an outcrop of Sherwood Sandstone, never more than 25 m off flour, put me back up with the FRBs and Malteaser.


Then we had the rural bits with lots of mud. For me it was the muddiest hash of the year on account of getting a right plastering when I went skidding flat on my back. Hot Down South and IWB meanwhile had gone in opposite directions, both calling ON ON, and both on flour. In the case of a Hot Down South good shortcut along a false trail that needed a bar.
There was a lot of hills on this trail and the ON IN seemed to have most of the downhill bits.

If Amazon had managed to send me the right Christmas present I could tell you how long this trail was. Alas that will have to wait for the new year -by then the hand therapy exercise ball should have been replaced by a wrist watch GPS. I guess it was about an hour's run - just right for a bank holiday hash trail.


Excellent choice of pub for a hash with a good selection of real ales. An indoor circle was led by Clementine assisted by Beer Mistress Wallington. DDs for everyone including a couple of pints for the Hares who had managed to set a good urban rural run, only the sheep were missing.

Not only does our hash have a running problem, Chicki is now telling people we have special needs! Well done Chicki for managing to get my 400 hundred-timer top to me by only my 405th run. Disabled indeed! Such a nice change from tankards. Only another 3 years and I'll have passed my 490 runs done on the Bandung Hash.

No comments:

Post a Comment