Saturday 22 October 2011

White powder on the streets again

Whilst setting the QH3 trail last Sunday I had only been in the Watermead Country Park a couple of minutes before the park ranger was after me. What was I was doing with the white powder? Once explained there was no problem but it reminded me that already twice this year our white powder on the streets has attracted media attention:
Smutley's hash in Kimberley at the end of May: QH3 Notoriety spreads!

Mickleover Hash at the start of the year passing the BBC Radio Derby studio: Radio Derby Interview


Casting my mind back over the years I remember Jetslag's QH3 run from Frisby near Melton Mowbray when I policeman was sent out to investigate the suspicious behaviour of an "arab looking man". The policeman actually followed the trail. Also, during the anthrax scare in the US, I was followed by a mini-bus full of plain clothes policemen whilst laying a trail around the leafy suburbs of Breaston.

Some hashes have created major incidents, with several instances of the evacuation of shopping areas in the US:

Two Hares Charged with Class - D Felonies in Connecticut - Hashing - tribe.net


We do need to be aware of the potential upset when we are laying trails through "sensitive" areas and publicise what a hash is about as often as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment